British Army Jungle Sleeping Bag with Compression Sack
British Jungle Sleeping Bag with Compression Bag
Out of stock
Description / British Jungle Sleeping Bag with Compression Bag
The British Army is tasked with defending British interests all around the world. This defense includes providing assistance and support to former British colonies who are now independent, including those that are located in jungle or tropical climates.
Recognizing the need to support these soldiers, the British Army had this excellent jungle sleeping bag produced to offer a lightweight sleeping bag that is ideal for jungle climates. With jungle or tropical climates sometimes having excessively hot nights, a compression sack was always issued to allow the jungle sleeping bag to remain stowed if it was not required to be used due to the heat at night. By using a compression sack for storage, soldiers were able to carry a sleeping bag in the smallest profile possible to leave room for other essential gear.
When dealing in military surplus, certain surplus products are always in demand. One of the most in demand surplus items are military sleeping bags and the most in-demand sleeping bags are specialized ones for specific climates. These jungle sleeping bags are the first summer sleeping bags we have ever been able to source in Europe making them one of the rarest specialized sleeping bags. When we were able to also procure the original compression sacks, we knew that our customers would want these sleeping bags.
- Authentic British Army Issue Sleeping Bag
- Designated SLEEPING BAG, WARM WEATHER
- Sleeping Bag NSN# 8465-99-869-5310
- Includes Compression Sack for Jungle Sleeping Bag
- Compression Sack NSN# 8465-99-869-5311
- Dual Zippers with Tie Straps
- Sleeping Bag Dimensions - 92" L x 28" W
|Manufacturer||British Army Surplus|
We found other products you might like!
Plus it is very comfortable. For warm climates, I highly recommend this bag.
* These are great lightweight sleeping bags; a little lighter than the US Army's patrol bag, but heavier than a poncho liner.
* Both the bag and the compression sack are brand new, and still in the factory plastic bag.
* The compression sack is worth the price by itself--its the correct compression sack for this sleeping bag, too.
* The top of the bag, where your head would be, can either lie flat or be turned into a mummy bag by drawstrings. You can also unzip the bag and use it as a light blanket.
* This bag could also be used as a liner inside of another bag to add to the temperature rating.
* Finally, the price. Look for a lightweight sleeping bag at REI or Erewhon--you'll pay far more than the $20 Keep Shooting wants. Seriously, even if you don't need another sleeping bag, buy this one. You'll be glad you did.
My sleeping bag is perfect for my long frame (6'2) and plenty wide enough for wiggle room and pocketed warmth. Came brand spanking new, pristine. A little sign from storage on the tags but completely unblemished.
This is a freaking amazing product and and incredible deal that leaves you wondering how they hell these people make their margins. It is THE ideal warm weather sleeping bag and I would hazard to guess could go down to about 45 degrees comfortably. Total package weighs 2.7 pounds.
I will be back for another!