The Forsheda A4 was developed as the civilian version of the Swedish military NBC gas mask F2. The F2 has been in service by the Swedish Armed Forces and Swedish Rescue Services since 1997 with more than 1,000,000 masks having been produced. The Forsheda A4 Gas Mask is a premium NBC rated gas mask that has never been issued to soldiers and has been in storage for the past 5 years.
Forsheda A4 Gas Mask
The Forsheda A4 Gas Mask is a response to a post 9/11 world. Recognizing the need for a world class civilian gas mask, the A4 was developed and put into production.
Features of the A4 Mask:
- Superior penetration protection from all threat agents, tested and verified to work for more than 24 hours in a contaminated area
- Large, specially ground lenses provide up to 88% normal field of vision
- Filter thread matches NATO's STANAG 4155 (40mm)
- Comfortable 6 strap harness ensures a perfect fit
- Weighs under 1 pound
- Airflow is optimized across both lenses to prevent fogging
- Made from latest technology and materials
The Forsheda NBC Record:
- Supplier of protection equipment to the Swedish Army since 1960
- Manufactured M51 gas masks under direct license from the US Government
- Sweden is one of two countries who supplies their entire population with NBC protective equipment, with Forsheda being the #1 manufacturer.
- From 1969-1993 Forsheda manufactured more than 3,000,000 gas masks for the Swedish Rescue Services
- In the mid 1990s Forsheda signed a contract to supply the latest NBC gas mask to the Swedish Armed Forces.