John Ek Commando Knife Model 4
Secure Online Payments
American Owned and Operated
20+ Years In Business
Ships from Pennsylvania
- John Ek Commando Knife Model 4
- Collaboration Between Ka-Bar and John Ek Knives
- Includes Celcon Sheath with Retaining Strap, Self Locking Function, and Multiple Tie-Down Points
- Parkerized Double Edged Blade Made from 1095 Cron-Van
- Overall Length: 12 5/8"
- Blade Length: 6 5/8"
- Blade Features John Ek Signature, Commando Knife Co and Logo Etches
- UPC: 617717201448
This knife is Fantastic (with a big F for a reason)
This knife is Fantastic (with a big F for a reason). Great materials, amazing look, perfect size for the purpose. Even the weight is good... honestly I expected it to be much heavier.... so moves quite easy in the hand.
I read other reviews where they tell that the handle is too long. Well... it's not. Actually it looks longer on the picture... in hands it's perfect. Also remember that this is a fighting knife and the handle is longer to support balance, enable you to hit your opponent on a non deadly way (you can use it like in stick fighting... you cannot imagine how bad it is if someone hits your thumb in a knife or stick fight with a hard object like this) and also you can easily switch from normal to icepick grip due to the longer handle using the balance of the knife.
Fit and finish is perfect, this is the first Ka-Bar I own... it's just awesome.
About usability: of course there are limitations. You need to know it when you buy this.
1. This is not a cutting tool or a survival knife. It's sharp like hell, but the blade shape does not make it to be an optimal "cutter". If all hell goes down, this would be the knife hanging near my hands, but I would carry something else as a utility one.
2. You cannot bring this one to the street in many countries. In my country you can just have a cutting blade length of 8 centimeters. This has 16 centimeters multiplied by 2 (double edge) so this needs to stay at home absolutely... unless there's a zombie apocalypse out there... then this should be the first thing to grab if you do not have firearm. :)
3. This is not a toy. Wicked sharp and super pointy... even if you're experienced with knives you cannot make easy moves here. If this slips in your hands and hits you or your friends unintentionally then you'll need to call an ambulance.
Overall I'm amazed on this one. I'm a stick - knife fighting practitioner and I wanted to have a good double edge knife preparing for the worst... well this is it.
Items 51 to 51 of 51 total