Trangia Stove Cooking Set - NATO Surplus
NATO Trangia Stove Set
The Swedish Trangia Cooking Stove is one of the most popular alcohol fueled camping stoves. We purchased a small number of original Trangia stoves, complete with the windscreen, burner, and empty alcohol fuel bottle. We've paired this excellent military issue camping stove with a brand new mess kit. You will find this makes this kit very close to the original Swedish army issued kit. Why not try a Trangia for your next overnight adventure in the woods? You'll see what all the "heat" surrounding this stove is all about.
Out of stock
Description / NATO Trangia Stove Set
The Trangia Stove has been manufactured since 1925 and has long been a favorite of backpackers and military forces in Europe.
- Swedish Issue Trangia Burner
- Swedish SPRIT 35 Bottle for fueling your Trangia Burner
- Swedish Army Trangia Burner Windscreen
- Hungarian Mess Kit - Fits Swedish Burner Windscreen
How To Use The Trangia Cooker
- Fill your Trangia burner with alcohol from the alcohol flask that comes with this set. For best results we recommend using denatured alcohol.
- Adjust the metal support posts in the windscreen to support your mess kit.
- Light your Trangia burner.
- Place windscreen over your Trangia burner.
- Mix your meal in your mess kit, and slide it into the windscreen.
- Prepare to enjoy your hot freshly cooked camp meal.
- Make sure your Trangia burner is cool before putting cap on to protect the rubber o-ring.
|Manufacturer||Swedish Army Surplus|
We found other products you might like!
I made myself a can of mini ravioli from chef boyardee, the food started to bubble and boil in less than 6 minutes, I was impressed with that.
I do have some questions about the product. It has little holes like it should have jet flames, but it never did that, even after having it run for nearly 25 minutes it just had a large flame coming out of the hole in the center where you light it.
it was also impossible to light when my ceiling fan was running, even if I had the included wind shield over the stove. It did light very easily once I made a "wick" out of a small piece of paper towel I rolled up and put in the alcohol. Maybe my alcohol was just old or something, it was about 5 years old and only 71% alcohol instead of the 91%.
I wonder if kerosene would work in this thing?
the Included mess kit seems pretty nice too, it is Miltec brand and If I remember right it was made in Germany.
My only real complaint is that cooking over the stove makes the bottom of the mess kit or whatever you cook on top of incredibly filthy and sooty. And that soot likes to smear onto whatever it comes into contact with. it cleans off fairly easily with soap, water, and elbow grease.
I will probably buy a couple more, the stove is extremely heavy duty, and the only thing that could cause this thing to stop working is if I lost it somehow.
I would recommend for sure.
This is a great package deal, a lot of good stuff for $10. Mine were all in brand new condition (2 sets). Outstanding, glad I got 2... I wish they had more, have lots of friends I wish I could refer to get a couple as well.
The secret to these is to use the best alcohol fuel you can find, namely denatured alcohol. Mine was from the 1960s and a few minutes of burn with the "good stuff" cleaned it right up.
Would buy again in a second if they were available.