Keepshooting.com now carries the Polish bread bag, a postwar bread bag. Originally issued to members of the Polish armed forces, the Polish bread bag is a spacious military surplus item with applications beyond its years.
As noted, the Polish bread bag is an authentic, postwar military surplus item straight out of Poland, the land of the fields. Upon receiving the bread bag, you will notice that they are in excellent cosmetic and working condition, free from the rips, tears and scents normally associated with military surplus.
Earlier I mentioned that bread bags are commonly known as ration bags and were used specifically for storing and carrying rations. Often times, those rations truly consisted of bread, a cost-effective staple food that can be mass produced with relative ease. Considering most breads are loaded with the macronutrient known as carbohydrates, bread was an ideal ration for soldiers looking to stave off hunger in the field. But enough about the past, let us discuss the bag and how it can serve your needs today.
Each Polish bread bag comes with generous dimensions. Measuring approximately 11.5 inches by 9.5 inches by 5 inches, the bag offers a wealth of storage space. It is constructed almost entirely from a heavy duty canvas material that is sturdy, durable and more than capable of offering limited protection for whatever you choose to store inside of it. And with all the compartments found inside, you will be far from limited in how you use this bag.
The Polish bread bag is secured via a single flap closure. The flap is secured via two canvas straps that feature metallic buckles. Upon opening the flap, you will notice that the outside panel includes dual pockets, each of which measures approximately 4.5 inches by 2.5 inches. The bag opens to reveal two major compartments, each of which contains separate pockets. The larger of the two compartments measures approximately 7.5 inches by 9.5 inches by 5 inches and includes two small pockets on the back panel and one on the side panel. The smaller compartment measures approximately 4 inches by 9.5 inches by 5 inches and includes only one pocket on the side panel. All interior pockets feature button-flap closures. Also included on the bag are a canvas carrying strap and a shoulder strap.
Now it is time to discuss this bags potential utility. Though it was originally a Polish bread bag, you can think of it as a multi-purpose bag, perfect for use as a:
- Travel bag - Store your toiletries and other travel essentials when away from home or on-the-go
- Medical kit - Put together a medical kit with medicine, ointments, bandages and other items useful in situations that call for medical attention
- Lunch bag - Carry your lunch to school or work in style as this bag will easily house a stockpile of food
- Range bag - Fill it with ammunition, magazines, optics, safety glasses and just about anything else you need at the shooting range
- Roadside assistance bag - Keep this bag in your vehicle stocked with road flares, small tools, batteries, rope and anything else useful in an emergency situation
- Tool bag – Load this bag up with all of your most used tools, hardware and more
- Much more…
The best part, however, is the price. A bag sold specifically for any of the aforementioned purposes will surely cost more than the Polish bread bag – available now.