Polish Camouflage Rucksack
Polish Camouflage Rucksack
Out of stock
Description / Polish Camouflage Rucksack
The Polish camouflage rucksack is a Polish military bag that was originally designed for and used by the Polish Armed Forces. The rucksack is a used military surplus item. Because it features a camouflage pattern that was prevalent with the Polish Armed Forces in the early 1990s, my best guess is that these bags are about 20 years old. That said they are in excellent cosmetic and working condition. The rucksacks are free from rips, tears, stains and scents and will make a welcome addition to your next outdoor adventure.
Constructed from a variety of materials, the Polish camouflage rucksack is mainly made of a tough cotton blend that appears to have been treated with a water repellent that will keep your gear dry. The bottom of the rucksack features a vinyl surface that is resistant to abrasions and will serve to protect your most precious belongings – if they happen to be at the bottom of the rucksack. The bag is quite roomy and takes advantage of the following dimensions: 13 inches long, 9 inches wide and 26 inches tall. Trust me – it is big enough to outfit a small excursion.
The rucksack has several other noteworthy features as well. The large compartment features two drawstrings that not only provide for extra-secure closure, but allow the compartment to be divided into two smaller compartments – perfect for separating items within the rucksack. There is also a fold-over flap with two straps that utilize a buckle closure and provide enhanced protection. The two adjustable shoulder straps are constructed from heavy-duty cotton webbing that will help shoulder even the heaviest of loads. Finally, there are extra D-rings that allow you to attach additional items.
Now we come to the aspect of the Polish camouflage rucksack that you have all been waiting for – its appearance. Camouflage is an interesting concept. Its purpose is to keep you concealed by allowing you to blend in with your surroundings. However, some patterns are so bizarre that you have to wonder what surroundings the pattern is designed to work with. The Polish camouflage rucksack offers the one-of-a-kind camouflage pattern known as “Puma.” The Polish Armed Forces developed the Puma camouflage pattern as an experimental design in the early 1990s. Though I am not too sure what surroundings in Poland would conceal a person clad in Puma camo, the pattern does look pretty cool. Bearing resemblance to a reptile, this particular pattern is sure to turn a few heads.
Even though I cannot guarantee that your peers will be impressed with the looks of the Polish camouflage rucksack – only that I will. Either way, this is a great bag that can be used for just about anything. Consider the rucksack for:
- Sporting equipment
- Survival Packs
- Much more…
|Manufacturer||Polish Army Surplus|
We found other products you might like!
The binding is the same stuff as the bottom, vinyl but a robust vinyl. Good stuff.
I saw more single lines of stitching than I liked.
I am delighted with the harness, very robust nylon webbing.
I had no problem with the buckles even in a tee shirt. No digging in.
The bag is thin and mine had a small cut, easily fixed.
I have used it for laundry and it did a good job, a light soft load, maybe 15 pounds on a 1 1/2 mile walk. I suspect similar to what the Polish Army did with it.
I would be reluctant to fill it with canned food and doubt it was made to haul full magazines.
It rode high on my back and that I like a lot.
I'd buy another if I needed one. Might yet.
My pack came brand new un-issued.. looked like it was fresh out of the plastic.
Wasn't sure about the leopard camo before.. but it is now one of my favorites and makes such a beautiful color contrast with the dark greens and browns.. I waxed my bag and it made the colors even prettier.
The bag is a very clever two tier system.. where as you can extend and use the top buckle/lashing points for the straps for a much higher capacity bag.. like a roll top bag.. or you can crunch it down and use the bottom attachment points for the straps for a smaller bag.
Both synch up with cords.. if I had only one complaint it would be to switch out the synch cords.. they work but you have to push the material down yourself instead of "pull and synch".
Even so.. this is an amazing bag.. unbeatable value.. The cotton canvas material it comes in is very soft which is cool.. but if you wax it, the cotton canvas will thicken and harden up a bit more.
I didn't know if I was going to like this pack.. because I'm a bit OCD about my kit.. but it is officially staying in my rotation to mix things up a bit. GREAT PACK, AMAZING VALUE!
I recommend this bag especially for $8.
• First off, the camouflage pattern is... strange. It looks almost like lizard skin, but works rather well in very deep, dark woods.
• Though simple, the shoulder straps are adjustable in length.
• The entire pack design is incredibly simple. Also, it’s very light and easily crushable.
• The pack uses two drawstrings, one on the top and one a bit lower down. The lower drawstring is for regular loading, the upper one for if you overload the backpack.
• The top flap secures via two straps permanently-fixed triglides, of which there are four. Again, these triglides (with teeth) are placed strategically to allow you to either fill the pack to normal capacity or to overload it.
• The rubberized bottom of the bag prevents moisture from seeping in if you set it down on damp ground.
• The price is amazing - $7.95!
• The cotton fabric does not seem to be treated with water-repellent chemicals.
• The shoulder straps have no padding. If you really load this up, it’s going to be uncomfortable.
• There are three D-rings at the bottom. The outer two are for the shoulder straps to hook to. I’m not sure what the middle one is for.
• No exterior pockets or interior divider for the main compartment.
• I’m not a fan of the triglides for the pack flap. I’ll be installing half-inch Fastex buckles so that the top flap will buckle closed.
Conclusion - this is a great day or assault pack for a very reasonable price.
These bags can be adjusted to carry a lot of stuff. Great for everyday bag or a bug out bag.