Swiss Military Belt Pack – Dual-Pocketed Swiss Surplus Bag
Swiss Military Belt Pack
The Swiss Military Belt Pack is a piece of Swiss army issued gear that is worn on your belt or your load-bearing equipment. This double pouch design pack provides a tremendous amount of storage in a compact design.
Out of stock
Description / Swiss Military Belt Pack
As noted, each Swiss military belt pack offered by Keepshooting.com is an authentic piece of Swiss military surplus equipment. These belt packs were originally designed for and issued to members of the Swiss armed forces, which consists of the land forces, the air force, a naval patrol and a system for intelligence gathering. More specifically, it is likely that these belt packs were designed for use with the infantry brigades of the Swiss land forces.
Though we are unable to confirm issuance of our Swiss military belt packs, each appears to remain in excellent to like-new condition, and is still fully capable of providing prospective buyers with years of service stateside. Likewise, these belt packs are free from the typical rips, tears, stains and scents that often plague previously issued military surplus equipment. Those looking for a unique piece of Swiss military history or a multi-purpose pack suitable for a variety of applications will find the Swiss military belt pack an excellent buy.
Featuring a simple, yet versatile design, the Swiss military belt pack joins two spacious pouches with a series of canvas straps that makes mounting the pack to a belt or load-bearing system the simplest of tasks. Its rubberized vinyl construction provides for a design that is not only light in weight but extremely durable and weather resistant. That said, each pouch measures approximately nine inches by seven inches by three inches. Each includes an oversized closure flap that offers unobstructed access to the interior, and is secured via a quick-release pull tab.
Originally used to transport field gear, the Swiss military belt pack is now perfect for use as:
- Travel bag
- Medical kit
- Range bag
- Roadside assistance bag
- Much more…
|Manufacturer||Swiss Army Surplus|
We found other products you might like!
I split the first set and managed to fit them as side pockets on the Austrian combat pack. No shortage of attachment straps on these. That, some ingenuity and alice type clips got it done. Likely the same is possible on other packs, a belt or elsewhere.
Note, if you do so, cut down the center of the middle nylon webbing. Leave the pockets alone. The webbing will unravel afterwards, easy to deal with. Each half set pouch has 2 belt loops, is perfectly usable alone.
I may have gotten the last set. Bummer, this is good and versatile gear.
About the same color and protection as the 35L French F2 Rucksack, a good combination, if I can figure out how.
- These are brand new, mint condition, and unissued. Mine was dated 1995.
- This is essentially an updated Swiss version of the old British Pattern 58 "kidney pack," or butt pack in US parlance. This style is the best butt pack I've ever found, and the Swiss have improved it greatly.
- The fabric is rubberized nylon, that can be machine washed on cold.
- The closing straps on the bag, and the belt connection straps, are all quick-release "Spanish fly" style.
- There are stitched-down nylon loops on the back. You can use them to attach your pack to an assault vest or belt with Malice-type clips.
- The size is perfect: I've been able to fit binoculars and bird-watching books in one side, and my fleece sweatshirt in the other.