- New Products Hot!
- Must See!
- Daily Deals
The British Osprey MkIV Body Armor Set is a full featured tactical body armor system designed to meet the needs of elite soldiers. Consisting of a plate carrier with front, rear, and side panels that are fully lined with MOLLE attachment points and an assortment of tactical pouches, you'll not find a more equipped body armor system. We've sorted all of our sets by size to allow you to get the best fitting vest possible. The entire Osprey MkIV Body Armor Set meets the latest requirements for NATO specifications for IRR reduction, flame resistance, and thermal signature.
The vest carrier is the main component for the Osprey MkIV Body Armor System
I got the last set in stock and unfortunately I didn't get all of the extra pouches that the other reviewers mentioned. Besides that I did get an extra set of the cummerbunds in exactly the same size as the set that was on there? Not particularly useful, but whatever. The vest itself was in pretty good shape and is obviously a well made military spec carrier vest. I bought it simply because I suspected it would be more comfortable than my current setup and I was right! For around $100 you can't beat this carrier, its sold, well made and gets the job done.
Wow! What a great deal! In addition to the vest you get the neck covers, shoulder brassards, cumberbund, attachment straps and a bunch of MOLLE pouches. The vest and one of the pouches had some writing on it so they must have been issued for a very brief time but everything was in excellent condition. Just add soft armor and plates and you have a fantastic armor set up! Keep Shooting delivers again!
British MTP is very close to Multicam, so this will work for anyone who likes the Crye pattern.
• The pouches alone are almost worth the cost. Consider that MidwayUSA is selling the double mag pouches for $12.99 each and the smoke grenade pouches for $8.93 apiece. The single mag pouches sell for $9.99 each on Ebay. So the value of the pouches alone is exactly fifty cents less than the total cost.
• The strap set includes several 1” and 3/8” Fastex buckles.
• Though I don’t recommend it, you can use one of the single mag pouches as an impromptu pistol holster. The flap secures via Velcro and a button snap and will hold a full-sized handgun rather securely.
• The plate carrier is made for British Osprey plates, not SAPI plates. If you put SAPIs in, they will be loose. However, you can use pieces of sleeping mat (or even a dollar-store swimming noodle) to raise the plates up to your required height.
• There are several different ways you can set this carrier up. It’s incredibly modular, so use what works best for you.
• Fully compatible with American PALS/MOLLE pouches.
Bottom Line - If you're in the market for a plate carrier and don't yet have all the mag pouches you need, strongly consider the Osprey Mk4!